Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Lillet...Hooray!

OK, enough of this low-budget speak! Let's dance and get fancy!

Have you drank Lillet? It's a French aperitif made from local wine. I drink white Lillet with club soda and a slice of orange, but it's available in red too. I learned about it in a wine class that I took at The New School in an effort to become cultured. I don't know if that happened, but I did get introduced to Lillet, which made it worthwhile (even though we were stuffed into the basement of some historical house in the East 20s).

Oh, I also learned that I don't really like Chardonnay, even though I have been drinking it for a decade or more. Anyway, you can't find Lillet everywhere, but I have gotten it at various liquor stores in NYC and NJ for $15-$19 a bottle, which usually requires the owner, stockboy and cashier to help me hunt it down - I just purchased a bottle at Buy Rite Discount Liquors on Third Ave. & 28th St. (they usually have decent prices in there, relatively speaking) for $15.99. I have also found it in more upscale bars, or bars that make fancy drinks for the ladies. THE LADIES!!!

I think I shall find it to be a lite and refreshing imbibement as I drink it from a fancy glass this Thanksgiving weekend. Drinking from a fancy glass makes all drinks a bit better - try it, you'll like it.

No comments: