Saturday, February 03, 2007

February: Not a Great Shopping Month

OK, I've confirmed what I've been hinting at during the past few weeks. Shopping at this time of the year is not so hot. Literally.

First, yes, it is cold and windy - not a very relaxed convenient way to shop in NYC. Then, the stores are practically barren -- all of the fall/winter apparel already went on sale, more than a month ago, meaning that it's pretty much all GONE. Then, the new apparel is this weird "not Winter" and "not Spring" stuff. Some stores carry cruisewear and I don't know about you, but I've never gone on a cruise, and even if I did, I can't imagine that it would warrant an entire new wardrobe. But that's just me, the practical middle class kid.

I did buy the pictured skirt at my favorite, Club Monaco, today. Did I need it? Not so much, however it was on sale for only $29. What I really need are pants, but as I explained above, there was nothing doing.

What I did buy fairly free and easily today was makeup - at both Sephora and Aveda. And since it's freezing and there's not much to buy anyway, the stores were pretty empty - a nice change of pace for a NYC Saturday afternoon.

No comments: