Thursday, November 01, 2007

Crumbs Cupcakes: The Artie Lange


Once in a while I discover that I am no different than most other women. I love cupcakes. I love them so much. And with the cupcake bakery explosion, the competition for cupcake customers is fierce. I've been uptown, downtown, and all around the town on a quest for the best cupcakes ever. Last night, I went into my neighborhood Crumbs and learned two things:

1. My favorite cupcake is the "Cookie Dough"
2. Call me late to the party on this one, but Artie Lange from the Howard Stern Show has a cupcake named after him, i.e. the "Artie Lange Cupcake." Details include:
  • Designed and created exclusively by Artie Lange of the Howard Stern Show
  • Vanilla sponge cake filled with chocolate buttercream covered in vanilla cream cheese frosting and topped with chocolate fondant icing w/white and chocolate sprinkles on the sides!
  • Retail: $3.75 per cupcake
  • Portion of the proceeds benefit LIFEbeat - dedicated to reaching America's youth with the message of HIV/AIDS prevention. LIFEbeat mobilizes the talents and resources of the music industry to raise awareness and to provide support to the AIDS community.

No comments: