Thursday, November 29, 2007

Subway Fashion: Sunday

Whilst trekking back uptown on the subway on Sunday, after visiting my real apt., which is about 85% rebuilt, I noticed a high level of interesting fashion going on around me. I wondered why....and then realizing that it was the Sunday after Thanksgiving, decided that it was probably full of actual New Yorkers. I.e. the tourists had all gone home and the NYers were all just returning from whence they came. Sorry to all of those out-of-towners who are offended by my NYC fashion snobbery, but 99 out of 100 times, it's the truth. I use the Sex and the City "scrunchy episode" as an example.


Anyway, the best spotting was a trio of young, very thin Asian girls who were each wearing tight stretchy jeans, Converse low tops or leather Airwalk high tops, and many layers of tops, jackets, and/or hoodies. The most interesting thing about their get-ups was that they were each wearing (real) fur "scarves" around their necks. To me, they were the epitome of modern urban street fashion. And no I don't have a photo, which is why I do this for free.

No comments: