Saturday, December 06, 2008

Barneys: The End of the $700 Shoe is upon us



I remember a couple of years ago when I started noticing that it had become "normal" for stores to charge $700 for a single pair of shoes. It wasn't just at the highest-end boutiques, it was rampant. I remember thinking, "No way, this is insanity." And now that the economic "adjustment" is upon us, I am happy to have been proved correct (for now). Apparently it also caused me to use "quotation marks" without pause, but I digress...

OK, so these are by no means "cheap," but I thought everyone would like to know about the huge shoe sale going on at Barneys, including everyone's favorite over-the-top designers.

As pictured above:
Prada : was $750, now $450
Christian Louboutin (red): was $865, now $520
Robert Clergerie (turquoise platform): was $695, now $415

No comments: