Friday, July 11, 2008

Chicago: Porte Rouge Table & Home


Porte Rouge on W. Division in Chicago was one of the most exciting stores I encountered during my Wicker Park/Bucktown shopping tour. If I lived in Chicago I fear that I would spend all of my hard earned cash in here, for it is not cheap, but it is full of beautiful, quality housewares, cookware, teas and the like. If you have a wedding or shower present to buy, I highly recommend taking a look in here (even online). I'm actually lusting for the tableware again as I write this. Oh! and the antique old-style colored glass seltzer water bottles are divine (I think they cost about $95).
One of the most interesting items are the teas from Mariage Freres in France, which apparently is sought after from individuals and restaurants from all over the country.
I may become a grown up yet. Stay tuned.

No comments: