Saturday, October 13, 2007

My First Consignment: Designer Resale

In a continued effort to fit all of my apparel into the smaller, temporary dwelling, I did some real sole-searching and parted with a few items that I have been hanging onto for various (strange) reasons. For the first time in my life I thought I'd give the consignment route a shot - I mean why not make some cash on the side? So I pulled out shoes, a suit, a dress, skirt, pants and a shirt and hustled them over to Designer Resale Corp. on 324 East 81st St. Cutting to the chase - the above pictured Betsey Johnson flats were the only thing they accepted. Haha... I guess this is what happens when you are so fashion-forward that the labels you are a slave to are unappreciated by the masses. So I skipped myself on over to the Spence-Chapin Thrift Shop at 1473 Third Ave. and donated the rest...

1 comment:

Guerilla Shopper said...

News Flash: I got a check for $22.50 last week! Somebody bought the BJ flats! Good (wo)man. Consignment works...If you've got the right brands!