Thursday, December 10, 2009

REPORT FROM THE FRONT: MAXX NY Bargain Bag Bonanza

Fancy Nancy Brenner has the low-down:

Have you been bumbed by designer "bargains" that are a bust? Head to Maxx NY where my friend emerged victorious. Her tale:


"Just wanted to let you know that I went to the Maxx NY (one of my fav handbag labels) sample sale last night! To quote my 8-year old niece, 'O-M-G'. My all-time favorite accessory in the world besides shoes are handbags. Overwhelmed by all the options, I was like a mouse chasing cheese. But like the a true shopping diva that I am,

Within minutes I had five bags hanging from each arm and three in each hand (now if only men were that easy to find and made my outfits look as fly, I'd be happy…but I digress).

Everything from leather to suede, east-west styles to doctor bags; totes to messengers, and every color, style and shape. I didn’t think it could get any better until I saw the pricing: bags from $30 - $100! I was so ver-klempt, I almost wept. I finally narrowed my nearly 20 choices down to two (I know - I even surprised myself with that one). I ended with a gorgeous rich brown croco bag and a large east-west style quilted black patent bag with stitching and gold chain strap - both for $60!

They say you can't take it with you when you die, but all I know is there is going to be a U-Haul filled with my shoes and handbags behind my hearse. If not, heaven better have a shopping mall that accepts credit cards."

One of the best bag buys of the season.

Maxx New York 385 Fifth Avenue, 10th Floor
Mon.-Thurs., 10-6, Fri 10-5, Sat 11-5
Now through the 19th

No comments: