Sunday, February 11, 2007

Jeffrey: The Store

So in keeping track of the comings and goings on my blog, I noticed that lots of people landed on my site when searching for "Jeffrey" - the store in the Meatpacking District. Perhaps to their chagrin, they found my entries on Jeffrey Sebelia - the guy who won Project Runway. Alas, I decided I had better go check Jeffrey (the store) out.

So I did.

Way at the west end of 14th St., past Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen, I met Jeffrey, who turned out to be something of a mini-department store. It reminded me of the stores in Soho, back in the day before Soho became Mall of America.

I tried on a few items that I would probably never have bought, seeing how everything in this place costs about $900 and more. Additionally, while I am currently on the low end of my typical size, apparently I have 25 more pounds and 3 ribs to lose before I can fit into anything in this store.

Nevertheless, the guy who helped me - Charles - was very nice and complementary towards me, a good salesman indeed.

Overall I would say it is worth scoping out for kicks and a New York experience.

No comments: