Thursday, February 01, 2007

Ann Taylor Loft - Why I don't shop online

I am proud to say that I just entered an Ann Taylor Loft store for the first time in my life - this particular one on 42nd St. and 7th Avenue.

Um...what a bunch of horrendous crap! I was astonished at how hideous the styles and materials are. And although the colors weren't so bad, everything seemed to be off white, barely black, sorta red and denim.
I just looked online and the site makes the clothes appear much better than they are in real life. I saw this dress in the store and it made me gag. I guess for $79 you can't expect too much, but if on a serious budget, I would be much more inclined to shop at Old Navy and TJ Maxx than at this joint.
Who shops in this place? And if you do, then STOP IT! I will help you.
Guerilla Shoppers don't let friends shop at Ann Taylor Loft.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, of course you can't shop online without knowing the clothes first... but once you do, it's the best for utilitarian stuff that's no fun to shop for in person anyway! I mean really, do we ever look forward to caressing socks, white cotton ribbed tanks, or other staples live and in person?
Separately, what do you know about this pseudo-famous button place on 72nd (or thereabouts). I need new faux-Chanel buttons for my faux-Chanel jacket...