Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Raving About Saving

So while we're on the topic of economic turmoil, might I suggest you stash your cash? I may have written about the merits of ING Direct a while back and have successfully saved some money there. But at 3.00% interest - a far cry from where it had been - I was becoming de-motivated. So I searched around for alternatives. I was initially drawn to CDs, but I hate not having immediate access to cash. So I have just opened a savings account with FNBO Direct, which offers 3.5% interest - with no minimum deposit or fees. I have just turned over an initial small deposit until I feel comfortable about my new found friend. And then once everything is settled, I will move at least half of my money from ING to FNBO and let them fight over me, like all the boys do.

No comments: