Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Store to Watch (and Shop at): Change of Season

I went to the opening of Change of Season in the East Village (341 E. 9th Street) last night and am adding it to my list of stores to watch...and go to...often.

Tagged as "a boutique outlet," owner Clinton explained to me that he carefully procures pieces from last season among various non-U.S. based, high-end designers, including Vivienne Westwood, Dries Van Noten, Comme des Garcons and more. The prices are reduced to the point of actually affordable (most things I liked seemed to fall in the $125-$285 range) and the quality is impeccable. And almost as important, the variety includes all kinds of shapes and sizes. He is looking to expand the breadth and depth and I intend on offering him some ideas.

Additionally, the jewelry selection from Milan-based GM Collections and Florence-based Gaggio (see photo) were thrilling, especially Gaggio's bronze skulls with hand worked beading necklaces. Again the prices were in the attainable range, and well worth checking out in person.
Located in the old "Enchantments" retail space, I'd have to say...it's witchcraft...

1 comment:

Daniel V. Kevorkian said...

Please credit at least the photo hence it's my work and you published it without requesting any authorization.

www.dvkevo.com/gaggio

Kind Regards
Daniel V. Kevorkian