Monday, January 07, 2008

Domain Home (furniture)

I am on a mission from God, and I've chosen to accept it. Since I live in a rational world, I have determined that there is no way I can afford to buy the kind of apartment I would actually ever live in atop this land mass surrounded by a moat...so I shall make the one I rent a much nicer place in which to dwell.

Translation: I am pimping out my rent stabilized Manhattan shack.

And so begins the story of the Dante Armoire from Domain Home. OK, so it's not really that much of a story. But I have decided to purchase this offering from among Domain's clearance items, which means not only is it cheaper, but then it was also another 5% cheaper. However, in an ad found by Mother Guerilla it noted "free delivery," but when I made my purchase online I was charged $135 for delivery. Which is not free, in case you weren't clear on that point. So I am going to have to make a follow up call on that one and see what I need to do to achieve delivery free-dom.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure how I am going to fit this grand piece into my bedroom, however it will be replacing three old furniture items that I have been holding onto for far too long. This all in an effort to streamline my bedroom cluttered with disjointed pieces of my youth. I am hoping that my new found feng shui will aid me to achieve and maintain a life full of wealth and happiness. Or at least keep me from cringing at mismatched furniture.

No comments: