Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Office Furniture Inquiry

I recently received an inquiry from a handsome young lawyer who was just made partner at his law firm, but is stumped about how to decorate his new office space. He writes:

"I thought you might be able to help me. I get $12,500 to furnish my office, but I don't know where to spend it. I like clean lines, brushed silver type metals, dark or cherry wood--something between mission and modern I am told. I'll need a desk, chair comfy enough to use 8+ hours some days, computer desk thing, book case, and some type of credenza\file cabinet type thing. Any ideas guerilla shopper? Let me know if this is within your vast expertise or if you need more information."

I have quickly suggested that he go online and look at West Elm and Bo Concept to see if it matches his vision, and then we can speak further. If anyone else has other ideas, please feel free to comment!

1 comment:

B Spanier said...

I have a gorgeous dark cherry entertainment center made by Stickley (and not made anymore) that would be great for an office. It is 72" tall, is the dark Metropolitan style (see stickley.com/catalog/Metropolitan) with brushed nickel rectablgualr handles. Just gorgeous and big. I can send pix. I am about to sell it on craigslist or Ebay. Interested? spanier@albany.edu