Saturday, August 02, 2008

Calypso Warehouse in LIC

I left work to go check out the mythical Calypso Warehouse sale, which runs from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. every Thursday, Friday and Saturday and found it to be nothing more than a fleeting oasis among several other warehouses in the area. Not that is doesn't exist - oh no! For it does. However, I was entirely underwhelmed by both the merch and most of the pricing. A cotton see-through dress with no shape originally $195 for $135 does not inspire me in any way, particularly not to haul my a. out to LIC on the 7. Although it was fairly hassle free since I left from my day-job office. Anyway, I find their big blow out sales to be much more interesting. But perhaps it is my age and disdain for summer clothing that created this sense of dismissal. But I really don't think so - it simply is not top notch.

No comments: