Monday, March 12, 2007

Ina meany miney moe

Hey, I've been meaning to write about Ina, the designer consignment store in Noho and Soho and all around the town. It's basically full of rich people's incredibly expensive castoffs - Marc Jacobs, Gucci, Jil Sander, etc. after those fashions become obsolete (two months after they are bought).

"What's with the attitude, Guerilla Shopper?" you might be asking yourself.

Well I'm kind of tired and cranky, but I also sat next to a saleswoman while getting a pedicure at Haven this summer, and upon realizing she worked at Ina, I began to ask her about the store. I was interested in the kind of merchandise they accepted, if there were parameters for what they would and wouldn't take, etc. I was truly interested because I have some Smithsonian-worthy 80s pieces that I have considered saving for a rainy day. Well, Ms. Ina lady was incredibly curt and condescending. Little did she know I was a bitch with a blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bad Ina lady BAD! Treat everyone like gold and you can never go wrong.