Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fake Tan by Clarins


If you are as white as me, for example, if your name is Casper or Edgar Winter, you may want to consider picking up some Clarins Self Tanning Milk SPF 6. At $29.50 a bottle it's...OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE. However, I have tried many self-tanning lotions, sprays and the like and have found Clarins to be far and away the best option. Since I am not the tanning booth type, and any adventure into the actual sun leaves me completely fried (including a back sunburn this weekend that I got while sitting in the window of a bar!), I have little option than to fork over my hard-earned wampum.

As with all self-tanners you need to be careful about turning yourself into an oopma loompa, but if you follow the Clarins' directions, better measure of success should be achieved:

For a more radiant and even result, exfoliate skin the night before. Apply a small amount of self tanner with quick, light sweeping motions (avoiding the eyebrows and hairline). Gently wipe elbows, knees and heels with a tissue, as these areas can turn a darker colour. Wash hands and nails thoroughly after application. Wait a few minutes before dressing.

No comments: