Tuesday, June 05, 2007

H&H Bagels/Sale: Diane Von Furstenberg

I think I had the best bagel ever, or at least in 8 years, when I visited the H&H bagel shop on the Upper East Side this weekend. I think it's in the 80s on 2nd or 3rd Ave. I'll have to revisit and give you the specifics so that you too can enjoy it as much as I did. I have been to the one way over on the West Side Highway and that place is really like a wholesale factory, without the wholesale prices. But this...THIS was a real bagel store and they toasted my bagel and applied light plain cream cheese and everything. It changed my life.

I also noticed that there is a Pinkberry up there as well - again, somewhere in the area of the 80s and 2nd Avenue. I just made a special trip to the one in the 30s, not having any idea there was more than one. There is always a line out the door, so I have yet to return to the frozen crack that it is. I guess this means I am truly not addicted. Yet...

...in other news...
From New York Magazine's Best Bets
STARTING TOMORROW
Diane Von Furstenberg's signature wrap dresses will be on sale (from $150), as will trenches (starting at $350, down from $570), swimsuits (from $64), and caftans perfect for summer cocktails (starting at $90).
When: 6/6 (9–6); 6/7 and 6/8 (10–7); 6/9 (9–3).
Where: 260 Fifth Ave., nr. 28th St. (212-725-5400).

No comments: