Friday, July 20, 2007

Shirt Dress at Les Nanas

If I hadn't been knocked out of the running to become America's Next Top Model, then perhaps I would be styling this dress for your personally, but you'll have to use your imagination a bit when I tell you that this "better-than-a-shirt-dress" that I picked up at Les Nanas De Gramercy is great for those of us ladies who are a little bit dress-shy.

I don't know if it's just me, but dresses just don't seem to fit or flatter me most of the time. I would like to wear more of them, but I am particularly conscious of my mid-section, which tends to get chubbier faster than the rest of me when I am eating and drinking like a viking. You can hide that area better with separates. However the pictured dress does a good job of being flattering and not fattering at the same time. You can also easily wear it with pants/leggings, which I intend to do as soon as the temperature and humidity wane a bit. I even got a complimented on it by another woman on the subway when I wore it.

But back to America's Next Top Model. You know the part where Tyra calls out the names of the girls who get to move onto the next stage of the competition? She always says, "The next name I am going to call is..." This drives me insane! Why doesn't she just say, "The next name is..." or "The next girl is..."?? I guess this is a pet peeve matter of semantics but I want someone to chainsaw her to bits whenever she does this.

Wow. Keep that Guerilla in a cage!

No comments: