Sunday, May 06, 2007

Hell's Closet

This living in multiple neighborhoods thing is really enabling -- even encouraging -- me to find new shopping pardisos in places I would not have otherwise checked out. Such as Hell's kitchen in the 40s between 9th and 10th Aves. where I came upon Seffens Studio at 405 West 44th Street - a half art studio-half shop selling other artists craft works such as jewelry, scarves, paintings, pottery and more. Another similar, however more housewares-heavy, called Domus is right down the block at 413 W. 44th St.

And then I found an excellent little fun gem called Kifka + Heller where the designer, Scott, displays sample sizes of his great designs - primarily dresses, but also skirts and tops - that he fits for you and then customizes to size, color and other detail. I am going to stop there because I am sure to get at least two more bloggings out of the fantastic "piece" that Scott is whipping up for me. A fashion cliffhanger, indeed.

No comments: