Friday, September 28, 2007

Unfashionable: Dowtown 6 during morning rush

If I have no other reason to move back downtown this would be it. The 6 train running downtown from the upper east side is one of the worst experiences of my life.

I made the grave error in judgment this morning when I decided to catch it at 77th St. Not only is it about 150 degrees down there, not only is the platform PACKED, but also each train that meanders its way down from 86th St. is 98% full - and nobody gets off the train at 77th St. during morning rush-hour to allow for more space.

So, today, I arrived at the platform at 8:31 a.m. and had to let FIVE trains go by before I could shove my way onto the sixth at about 8:53 a.m. Glad I didn't have to be at work at any specific time, because the old "trains weren't running" excuse is not readily accepted by those who don't take them. Especially from the UES.

Let us pray: Please God. Please let Laura move back downtown as soon as possible.

No comments: