Saturday, December 09, 2006

Home Depot: Pick Up Joint?


I visted Home Depot on 23rd St. by myself today. As I wondered aimlessly through the ground floor and lower level searching for various items - including the cash register at which to pay for them, I noticed and realized something. Among the couples shopping for fancy bathroom tile and the odd "old guy" looking to start his next project were: HOT GUYS. Now this is basically Chelsea, so while it is entirely likely that said hot guys are gay, it is at least possible that they are straight.

I've heard countless women ask the question, "Where can I meet guys in New York?" Bars, steakhouses, Yankee Stadium - these are the usual suspects. I've never heard anyone say, "Home Depot on 23rd St." And really, if you think about it, where else would a guy be shopping during the day on a Saturday or Sunday?

I think I may be onto something here ladies. Check it out for yourself...I mean, why not? Pull your best damsel in distress routine and let's see what you come up with. ;)

No comments: