Saturday, December 16, 2006

Wrap it Up...I'll Take it

I am feeling somewhat guilty that I haven't been spending as much time on bloggy as I would like to...my day job has been incredibly hectic, thereby reducing my time available to both shop and write. OK, now that I've gotten that out of my system, onto business...

I am hoping today or tomorrow will be my last day of Christmas shopping - I am in the final stages of buying Mother Guerilla some key gifts. And without her there'd have been no baby Guerilla, so she deserves careful consideration, i.e. "I have to get my momma some good sh*t." But that is all I will say for now, lest I eliminate any element of surprise.

But remember, purchasing a gift is not the final step! You must package and market said gift appropriately...you don't have to spend a lot of money to do this, most wrapping supplies can be bought at the local 99-cent store. But better, and I wish I had remembered this myself, is Old Navy. They have some of the coolest, high quality wrapping paper at a very reasonable price. It's like Christmas pop culture on paper! [Thanks to my day-job co-worker for reminding me of this little Old Navy secret].

I know, I know, many of you (especially the boys) don't want to get involved in wrapping paper, ribbons, cards, etc. But just think - if you've spent the time thinking about what to buy, shopping for it, paying for it...don't you think that you and your gift deserve to be presented (no pun intended) in the best possible way? It really adds to the whole gifting experience overall. Trust me and the Ms. Manners who sometimes dwells within my soul.

And check out my gift display! Makes for festive Xmas decor to boot.

No comments: