Friday, April 06, 2007

Apple Store on 5th Avenue

OK, so I am probably the last person in the free world who didn't know that the Apple store on Fifth Avenue in the 50s is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! If you also didn't know, please add a comment and admit it so that I don't feel so isolated in this cold, cruel, e-world.

Anyway, I lost my iPod, which I would normally be freaking out about, but I have recently taken a new approach to life, and instead, I saw it as an opportunity to get a better one! So in another slightly embarassing moment, I didn't know that they discontinued the iPod mini, which is what I had. So I got the new and improved 4GB Nano, as pictured here. It's red. Apple donates $10 to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa (www.JOINRED.com) with every purchase of this particular model. That alone makes it worth the $215. You can even get your name engraved on it, which I didn't do because there were like 2,000 people in the store this afternoon and I didn't want to wait.

The experience was fast, but not entirely friendly. I walked over to the table of Nanos, pointed to the one I wanted, the guy ran my card through a wireless device and emailed me my receipt. Done. I'll take that kind of swift service, thank you.
These guys are unstoppable!

No comments: