Thursday, April 12, 2007

Decent Pants from H&M and Filene's

OK, so I've started to make one of my dreams a reality...pants...
I probably watch way too much of "What Not to Wear" on TLC, but it has encouraged me in new ways. One way being: buy pants that fit you in the waist and get them altered. I have taken this idea on board because I believe in my heart of hearts that if you are wearing well-fitting trousers, you will be a happier human and your life will blossom before you.
So this weekend I flitted over to Filene's Basement and H&M. I picked up the two pair you see on hangers (combined cost: $75) and have gotten them altered. I even had the pockets removed and sewed shut on the gray pair, because I decided I did not want to resemble a gas station attendant, more than perhaps I sometimes already do. Granted, the alterations jacked up the price, but also increased the chance that I would wear them -- often -- and happily. And isn't that what pants are for?
The other photo is of my Closet #1 (I have four), where said pants live. Granted, they don't have a lot of breathing room, however, they are in good company.

No comments: