Friday, April 20, 2007

Old Clothes, New Clothes 1-2-3

Hi all. Whew! My post-apartment-fire life is in turmoil of unknown outcome and I am trying to get everything back in order. It is certainly not boring.

On Wednesday two fine gents from Fabric Renewal in Bloomingdale, NJ came in and took all of my precious beloved clothing (as well as rugs, bedding, curtains, pillows, etc.) to be Ozone treated and then cleaned. They were confident that all could be saved! Phew - my biggest concern alleviated. Seriously, nobody wants to see a gorilla have a nervous breakdown. I am expecting a delivery of my "emergency clothes" today at my temporary living quarters. Let's be hopeful!

In the meantime I have managed to stay somewhat fashionable because I decided if I wasn't at least happy with what I looked like in public, I really would have nothing at this point! My sad camera phone photo shows my new striped tank top and hot pink silk cardigan. Happy...with a bit of 80s rock 'n' roll thrown in. I guess I have to thank H&M for this, even though I haven't spoken so well of them in the past. They definitely hooked me up on a budget in a crunch!

I am now working on finding furnished living quarters for a month, or two...or possibly up to six! These furnished apartment deals are NOT CHEAP. Any ideas? Send them my way!
Next project: clean/save/chuck all housewares, electronics and furniture. Magic 8-ball says: "ask again later..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

try craig's list for a temporary sublet....

Anonymous said...

you, like only the most stylish goddessess on the planet are treating your circumstance with amazing grace and you really have style where many just have clothes. with love your greatest fan