Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Best Daffy's in Town


Remember when Daffy's was called "Daffy Dan's?" - I do. Hopefully this tidbit is another piece of evidence, proving to you my lifelong devotion to the sport of shopping.

So let's cut to the chase. The best Daffy's in the City is in Herald Square, across from Macy's. OK, so you have to take the annoying elevator up past the DMV - but you get to look out the big windows! Anyway, I scored this lovely jade CASHMERE sweater by Calypso in there a couple of weeks ago for...wait for it...wait for it...$29.99. I think it was supposed to be $49.99, but take it from the pro: Don't blink when the register mischarges you. Unless it over-charges you and then in that case freak out and dump the the novelty umbrellas on the floor in a rage.

They recently closed the Daffy's on 5th Ave. in the 20s, but that's OK because it sucked. I sometimes run into the Daffy's on Madison and 44th during my lunch hour, but I haven't found anything great for me in there. I did, however, score 2 amazing Michael Kors shirts and a coat for my y-boyfriend last year -- all for a total of $100!
Also, if you're willing to brave Route 4 in Paramus, NJ, the Daffy's there has pretty good merch, especially the shoes.

Oh how many people have I fooled with my at-cost outfits from Daffy's!? Hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff guerilla! I've never ventured out into the LA-ish outlet scene but maybe I need to.