Saturday, October 07, 2006

Club Monaco


There's one on 57th St., another in Soho and a couple uptown. But the point is that the best Club Monaco is on 5th Ave. in the 20s. While there is a constant sale area in the back on the left hand side, it is one of the few stores that I am willing to pay retail prices in. Why? Well I think it might be because for me it's where the Warehouse (what happened to that store by the way?) left off, now that I'm a more "mature" woman. The clothes kind of rock, as you can see from the photo, they rocked so much tonight that they passed out without me in them.
But what happened to the makeup section? I ran out of "Beam" lipstick ages ago...Redeemingly, if that's a word, they have unique accessories, such as a necklace made of buttons claimed to have been found in their original packaging at a flea market in Germany. While quite inspiring, not inspiring enough to spend $79 on. Similarly, I couldn't quite justify spending $99 for a very thin cashmere scarf. Maybe they'll go on sale soon? Maybe not. I'll live regardless.

There's also a men's section downstairs, but let's just say your man has to be on the "European" side to shop there...nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean.

No comments: