Thursday, October 26, 2006

An Ren Boutique: The Coat that Saved Me

I have such a tale of angst and woe. A story of epic proportions. A tragedy about a Christian Dior coat -- stolen! -- right out of my friends' apartment at a New Year's Eve party several years ago...

I found the best coat ever in the whole wide world on major sale at a store in my beloved Seacaucus, NJ. This was a long time ago when I had minimal expendable cash, so it may have been the find of my life. I loved coatie - as I affectionately called him - and coatie loved me. People would oggle at coatie's fine, singular design. Alas, you already know how this sad tale ends. I quested for many many years to find a replacement, and my dear dad even gave me the money to do so. I did purchase several nice coats over the years - some at Century 21, some at Aaron's, but none truly mitgated my sense of deep loss.

Then, last year, I came upon An Ren, a women's clothing boutique located at 315 East 9th St. Although coatie can never be truly replaced, the garment I found here, at a somewhat reasonable price (less than $400) is unique, fresh and has the sickest (sickest in a good way) pink satin lining I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Perhaps not fully realized in the photo, the coat is made from a very tactile material, and the style is reminiscent of a tuxedo jacket with tails on steroids. It's freaking cool. Thank you An Ren.

Side note - if anyone is interested in getting a "Friends and Family" coupon for 30% off regularly priced merchandise at Mexx (I will write about this store one day soon) let me know, give me your email address and I will forward it to you. It's good Oct. 27 - Nov. 5 only.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am touched by your gripping tale of coatery.

Anonymous said...

I never knew you lost this coat.. I Was one of its admirers.

Guerilla Shopper said...

Yes, well just so it is clear, the coat in the photo is still in my posession. In fact, it got a bath this week and is anxious to make its annual debut to the big city. I need to find the appropriate opportunity to take it out on the town!

Anonymous said...

I love An Ren. p.s. I'm laughing myself silly at jayfader's comment.