Monday, October 09, 2006

Vintage Jewelry


Have you been to the Candy Store on Lafayette near Houston? If not, you should go. It's a great little vintage accessories shop offering shoes, jewelry, PURSES, belts, gloves, hats and more. The kinds of things that I have happily acquired from relatives over the years.

I went down there earlier this year on a quest for the perfect earrings to go with the perfect dress for the Oscars. Yes, those Oscars. Except I wasn't a nominee, I was a seat-filler. Kind of like Kramer in that episode of Seinfeld. Anyway, the helpful gents assisted me in honing down my choices from a gaggle of options. Better yet, they allowed me to take two pairs home to determine which went better with the dress and then return one the next day. This was very accommodating of them, as returns are normally against their policy (I think they might do store credit, however). So I ended up with a fantastic pair of German vintage earrings for about $70-$80 that are among my favorites ever. And if I knew how to take a picture you would believe it. I guess you'll have to trust me on this one.

No comments: