Monday, November 20, 2006

Portolano sample sale - This Week

Portolano's sample sale is going on now - today, tomorrow and Wednesday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Located on the 11th floor of 15 West 37th St., this sale offers gloves, knits, small leather goods, handmade Italian silk ties, cashmere coordinates and Emilio Cavallini hosiery. Be prepared to hand over your coat, purse, and first born at the door.

Now, I love leather gloves. I happily wear them for five or six months straight every year. And this sale has hundreds, maybe thousands of styles and colors. But I didn't buy any. Why? Well, I'm hoping I can subtly hint that I need a few pair for Christmas - nice ones - in black, red and "surprise me." But I was also not impressed with the prices. I guess I was recently spoiled by the $1,500 worth of stuff for $100 Calypso sample sale, but a $50 pair of leather gloves that I will likely lose doesn't ring of true sample sale pricing to me.

No comments: