Friday, January 19, 2007

Japonica Sushi

I hadn't been there in years, but tonight I met my friend at Japonica for some over-priced sushi on University and 12th St.

Our collective bill, including tax and tip came to $105. This is about $40 more than I am willing to spend on sushi for two, however, it was probably worth a bit more than the typical sushi outing. My dragon roll was uniquely excellent, and came styled in the form of one of those Chinese New Year dragons. Hard to tell from the camera phone photo, but I swear.
The service was good, the space is comforting and the green tea ice cream came with two wafer-cone-like cookies. So overall, an above-average satisfactory fish eating experience. Check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

except the huge slabs of tuna were kind of mealy.